Thursday, October 23, 2008

Melissa And I

Melissa and I go way back. Back to the days when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Do you think I'm kidding? Cause I am. 
Me and Melissa have been close since forever. Why I still remember the days when we played sabortooth tigers at grandma's. Those were the good old days. I have lots of memories with Melissa. The time when we made gooey-gunk then made it pink, the time when I went to her house and couldn't stop playing Yoshi's Story, and all the times her and Julia would fight over who I was copying. I remember one time especially.
We were all eating cereal, me, Melissa, and Julia. Lucky Charms. Melissa's dad, was pouring the milk. He asked Melissa how she liked her milk poured, in one spot or all over. Melissa said in one spot. Then he asked Julia. She said all over. There was only two choices so I had to copy one of them! All three of them were staring me down, waiting for my decision. I looked from Julia, who was already looking annoyed at me, then uncle Whalley, who was waiting with the milk in his hand, then to Melissa, who was looking longingly into her bowl of cereal. I thought about it and decided that I wanted it poured all over, but didn't want to copy Julia because I did that a lot. So I said,
"One spot, please." simple as that. Then Melissa looked slightly annoyed at me, but so did Julia! I could never win back then. I'm glad it happened now though. It's just another thing to look back at and laugh about. Another thing that I remember really well is Sabortooth Tigers. 
Julia always called the gold tiger. Melissa always called the silver. And I always got stuck with white. Now that I think about it, I would rather have white then gold or silver. But back then, it seemed like gold was the only colour that mattered. Of course even when I called gold, Julia managed to get it. And for some reason there could only be one gold tiger. I remember one particular time, we were in grandma's basement. We had all of the couch cushions down there and we set put them in a line going from one side of the room to the other. I think there was a mattress on one end of the room and a chair frame on the other, and the cushions were in a line going from the mattress to the couch frame. The rule was we couldn't touch the lava (the ground was the lava). We had to hop from cushion until we got to either the couch or the mattress, and we couldn't touch the lava. So we basically just hopped back and forth, occasionally falling into the lava and getting saved by the other two sabortooth tigers. And I guess that's pretty much it. But it was fun and made a good, hilarious memory. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love that story! So much =D.
Oh! How about when Julia would always choose the gold tiger, and I the silver, and you always got white:P

eggman said...

Yeah I remember that. Hahaha, I was ALWAYS the white tiger :D